It's called Small Star Empires by Archona Games and it's coming to kickstarter with an estimated launch date of March 12th and I suggest you get in on this one!
CLICK FOR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE
So, WHY do I think this game is going to be worth looking at? Well... Because. That's all, Just Because.
Now of course I'm kidding on the "just because" part. The game looks amazing for starters. The art is alive and popping, The pieces look great and the game play sounds like something right up my alley.
Let me clarify some of the enticing things I see about this game:
- 2 - 4 players (A solo option would be nice but who knows, that may be something their hiding for later!)
- 15 - 30 minute play time (That's always a plus. Seems like there's plenty of strategy involved for a nice, smooth session)
- Miniatures (Well, to be honest I LOVE mini's anyways so this was a definitely enticement for me, lol! They look great though!)
- Modular Board (Now THIS is a big selling point for me. I love it when a game offers this because each playthrough is going to be different than the last!)
- Area Control/Area Influence (Who doesn't love controlling areas)
On top of that, here's a little excerpt from the game that also helped draw me in. There's nothing like a good story to get you interested!
"A new dawn for the galaxy is coming. Four of the major species inhabiting the galaxy finally achieved interstellar travel, and are ready to establish their empires and dominance across the galaxy!
Your species is among them. As a leader, you must make sure your rising empire is the dominant at the end! You will accomplish this by colonizing planetary systems and exploring beautiful nebulae with your ships while establishing your domain.
Plan your strategy wisely to become the dominant star empire of the galaxy!"
Now, Check out these BEAUTIFUL shots of the artwork!
As always, Thank you very much for reading and take care! :)