DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

All aboard!!!

What's going on everyone! Today for the "Game a Day" Challenge my wife and I decided to try out a game that we haven't had a chance to play yet called C.C. Higgins Rail Pass.

As you might have guessed it's a train/railroad themed game. It's set in the golden era of trains and as those are one of my favorite things, how could I NOT give this one a go. Well, it wasn't too hard to pick up and play, there are lots of cards and a LITTLE bit that is confusing but we we able to figure it out quickly.

Once we started playing I really was enjoying it. Props to my wife who I could tell was bored out of her mind with it, lol. She stuck through with me and we played until about dinner time. We ended up having to cut the game short but it didn't effect play at all. Turns out, even though this isn't a game I see my wife playing again, she TECHNICALLY won, lol! Go Figure! :P


Here's a couple pics from today's session. There aren't too many because I was really involved in the game and had a sort of tunnel vision to it:









As always, thank you for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That board is incredibly busy. Have to say, my friend: I'm not the type to automatically write-off a game just because it doesn't look sexy, but I can see why your wife might have been bored out of sheer principle. That map has a LOT going on. Could be cause for a whole lot of processing malfunctions, simply speaking as an educator. I'm glad you had a good time, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely agree! The thing I like most is the diversity in movement choices but unfortunately this can also be the demise of the game in this case, lol!

      Thank you very much for the comment. :)

      Delete