DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Help, I'm lost!

What's going on everyone!? Well, today was a bit of a drag to be honest. I've been suffering with this horrid migraine that made it nearly impossible to sleep last night. Then this morning after my lovely wife heads of to work to brighten some peoples days and my beautiful daughter heads off to school to brighten her mind I just couldn't find motivation to do anything I had planned for the day.

My migraine was the main culprit, causing it to be unbearable in any brighter than "low light". So I eventually make my way out onto the porch to kind of sink in the day and weather when I suddenly hear some LOUD booms rumbling the ground beneath me! As I look to the south west I notice a HUGE DARK Storm headed right this way. So between the massive lightning strikes and the thunder loud enough to shake the house I wasn't doing to well with my migraine.


Some how I got through most of it and was good for the most part, then all of the sudden here comes storm number 2. And cue me going back in the house to lay down and try to deal with the head pain.


Later on I finally got to work building a lattice for my pea plants in the garden to help them climb better. That seemed to keep my focus off of the pain long enough for me to complete the project and get it into the ground. Just as I finished putting it in the ground here came some more thunderous noises from the mountains. So I hurry and put everything safely back in the workshop and that was that.



Now, on to the "Game a Day" challenge! Tonight, like many nights I was looking forward to playing a game with my lovely wife. Unfortunately, she's been working so hard lately that she could barely stay away long enough to even roll a die let alone know what it would have been for, lol. So with this in mind, she had gone to bed. I was thinking "Cool, Trinity will want to play a game with me for the night!" only to hear "I'm VERY tired daddy so I'm going to go to bed a little early".

So I hug and kiss them both and tell them good night and then get ready to escape the LOST WOODS my self...


Now, I'm going to save from going into every single detail on this game since I've already done a review of it in the past which you should and can CHECK OUT HERE! The game truly is a blast to play and it has held up over the course of time that I've had it. It's one of those games that I could play every day for a week and not get fed up with it. I mean, think of the stories you could tell with this game!


Coincidentally the fine folks at Poppy Jasper Games are also running a new kickstarter campaign for their new game Gnomi! Be sure to click the image below to check that out as well and tell them The Kentucky Bored Gamer sent ya! ;)









https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poppyjaspergames/gnomi-play-anywhere?ref=profile_created




And to get back on topic, here are a few pics from tonight's session:


















































As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)

-Tim


EDIT: As a bonus, Here are some pictures of a red fox that was wandering around my yard just now! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment