DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Camels and Castles!

What's going on everyone!? Today is the last day for us to spend a full day together with my dear ol' pops before he goes into heart surgery on Tuesday. I thought to day was going to be a miserable day because I had a horrible migraine that is STILL with me even as I write this.

Not wanting to waste a moment of the day I tried my best to think of something to do that would let us spend time together as a family as well as help me keep my mind of the pain as best as possible. So today we spent most of the day playing a couple games.

First up was Five Tribes, the game I was hoping to get to play last night. It was a great time and I'm happy to say that we all had a blast with it. In the end dear ol' pops ended up scoring first place, my lovely wife got second and I got last.


After a short intermission to get something to eat we then played Castles of Burgundy. Dear ol' pops seemed to pick this one up fairly quick as well so the time was spent competing for resources and having fun talking trash.

By the time the game ended dear ol' pops scored first in this one as well with over 150 points! My lovely wife got second again and scored 146 and unfortunately I screwed up on the placement of a few buildings so I was DQ'd and didn't score at all. There was just no way I could calculate what points I shouldn't have gotten and how many I should have.

Aggravating? Definitely after 2 hours... Mad? Sure! But MAN you should have seen it, it was a hell of a game between us!


Here are a few pics from today's sessions:












As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment