DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Monday, July 4, 2016

4 of July Madness!

What's going on everyone!? Today for the "Game a Day" challenge I thought we could play a few games since we didn't get to have a cookout or any thing like that.

So today's lineup went a little like this:


We started out with Lost in R'lyeh from Atlas Games. It's a great little card game with a wonderful embossed tin box. It's basically a "first to lose their cards wins" sort of game but there's more to it than that. The cards themselves have some great abilities to them depending on how many are stacked together.

Surprisingly I won this game! :)







The next game up was Valeria: Card Kingdoms. Now THIS is a great game as well. It plays just as well solo as it does with more players!


My lovely wife won this game! :)







Next we played New York 1901. This game has had a LOT of hype with it. From the beautiful art work down to the pre-punched/pre-sorted pieces in their own baggies. LOT's of fun with this one and I can see the reason for the hype.

Our beautiful daughter won this game! :)






Lastly, we ended the day with a little Boss Monster(the first one). This is one of those card games that will get lots and lots of awesome options.

My lovely wife won this game! :)






Late finisher! My beautiful daughter asked me if we could play some Battleship right before I started writing this post so of course I said YES! :D

Our beautiful daughter won this game! :)






So there you have it folks, 5 Games this evening! Although I didn't get to play two games I was looking forward to because we changed up the lineup a bit due to time I think it's safe to say that we ALL had fun. We spent the entire day with each other playing some games and just having fun.

My lovely wife won 2, our beautiful daughter won 2 and I was able to sneak away with 1 win.

We didn't get to have a cookout like I normally do, we didn't have any friends come over (mainly because we have like, 1 "local" friend and he lives roughly an hour away, lol), we weren't able to go anywhere and didn't get to light off a single firework. This is all fine to me because the quality time we were able to spend together was equally as fulfilling and was more on a one-on-one basis.

Nice, fun, calm, carefree family boardgaming at it's best.


As always, thank you for reading and remember to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment