KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

ERSD

ERSD
CHECK IT OUT NOW!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Man your Battlestations!

What's going on everyone!? Today my lovely wife stopped at our local thrift shop while she was running errands and came home with a surprise for me! It was a different sort of Battleship that was more of a "futuristic" theme that I've not seen. I'm not sure it's a huge deal to most out there but I thought it was cool! :D

So this evening for the "Game a Day" challenge I decided we would try it out. It was pretty much what you'd expect Battleship to be but this was just a tad different with the way the grid is laid out. I thought it was pretty fun.

Here are a few pics from tonight's session:









As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

2 comments:

  1. I've got that one, too, Tim. Only played it once or twice; I think it was an experiment that Hasbro threw out there to see if it would bolster sales for Battleship. Like you said: not much to write home about. It doesn't change the essence of the game. The proper "expansion" for Battleship (as I see it) is the recent electronic one, which offers planes for scouting and specialized attacks for each of your boats, and/or any attempt at 3-D, so that there is depth/altitude (three-axis grid instead of a single plane). Milton Bradley did have a game like that for awhile; it was called Sub Search. I have also created a pencil-and-paper variant I called Submarine Battleship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geoffrey, I had no clue! I'm definitely going to check out the recent electronic one you mention. It sounds like it adds a fair bit to the game. Thanks for the awesome info! :)

      Delete