DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Sunday, January 14, 2018

400th post!

What's going on everyone!?

WOW! It's been a LONG day. A rewarding one but MAN was it a long day! Back on Friday, we broke a brake line on our car, just before getting our first "real" snow for the winter. After wondering what in the world we were going to do I had two friends help us out financially so I could get the parts to fix the car!

After HOURS of getting the line repaired and freezing my butt off my beautiful daughter and I got it finished... But not out of the woods yet, she accidentally killed the battery in the car because she kept it fully switched on instead of just on accessory. I was able to get a neighbor to jump the car for me and I was off to get gas and a couple of things from the grocery store for dinner.

When I got back I had to start on dinner. By this time it was already getting dark outside and I knew I STILL hadn't played any games yet like I had planned. After cooking some home made chicken teriyaki stir fry and eating for the first time today I headed BACK into the kitchen and cleaned up the mess from cooking and swept the floor (again from the mess of me cooking) and got the table cleaned up and ready for gaming!

Once THAT was finished I made a cup of tea and tried to help my lovely wife get Zelda to sleep because she had not taken a nap ALL day and was now crying hysterically because she was over tired. After my fail-proof methods for getting her to sleep failed, Trinity took her and actually got her to sleep so I could play two games for the night!

Which brings us to now. Had I remembered that this was going to be my 400th post I would have played some more memorable games for the occasion but alas, I think today was memorable enough, lol.


So today for the GaD challenge I had no real choice but to pick two games that are pretty quick but still fun of course!


My lovely wife ended up killing me in Lost Cities with the scores being somewhere around 245 to 168!!! Still yet, this is one of those great two player games that can be played as a single round or multiple rounds and adding your scores up and I always love getting this one to the table.




Next up was a bit of an older game called Shut the Box. In this game you simply roll 2 dice and shut numbers by covering them up. It's sort of a FORCED press your luck game because you have to keep going until you roll numbers you can shut.

Since this game goes VERY fast we were able to play 2 out of 3 within 5 minutes which I had actually won!




As you can see, this was a very long day as I had mentioned and it was all ending with some fun short games being played with my lovely wife. When I get to end days by playing a game with my family the wait to get there is always worth it.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I must go grab a shower before bed and get this rust outta my ears and off my head!


As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment