DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

An evening made for two!

What's going on everyone!? Today for the "Game a Day" challenge I had a board game date with my lovely wife since our beautiful daughter stayed another night at a friends.

I decided to pick a few games that we've not played in a while that I knew we both enjoyed. The premise was a simple one. Smaller to medium boxed games so that we could reduce the setup time and get a few different games in.

The fun started with us playing a game of The Struggle for Catan in which my lovely wife completely beat me in. It's one of those games that can be over before you know it but the entire time you're playing it you're simply having a blast. A great quicker alternative for those looking for the look and feel of catan in card form.











The next game up was another fun one, Forbidden Island! To choose our character/color we set them all in a row and rolled a D6. Ironically I rolled a 1(which was good for me!) and snagged red because, well, #iplayred..lol. My lovely wife then rolled a 2 which snagged her blue which is also her choice if purple isn't an option.

Together we battled the elements and the sinking island but bravely made it to the end of the game to succeed in collecting the idols and escaping. We also played with drawing 5 flood cards at a time for quite awhile all the way to the end!











The last game was one we hadn't played for a while as well but I think I always lose at and have fun at the same time. 8 Minute Empire! After a quick game of it, I had actually WON for what may actually be the FIRST TIME!

Now, to be completely fair here, By this time of the night my wife was very tired and partly struggling to pay attention. She stuck it out like a champ though which I really appreciate and am thankful for. The score was: Her - 10  and Myself with 12. So you see, even when she was ready for bed I only JUST beat her at the game, lol!









As always, thank you for reading, my lovely wife for playing and take care! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment