DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Let's go exploring!

What's going on everyone!? Today for the "Game a Day" challenge my lovely wife and I played Lost Cities in a Best out of two match. This is one of those great games that just doesn't see enough time at the table. It's simple yet fun and perfect for us since it's a 2 player game. I REALLY like this one.

As you can imagine, she kicked my butt. I can't remember the score offhand but it was something like 300+ to my 105 or so and that was with her winning the first 2 games. I did HORRIBLY..lol. But again, LOTS of fun to be had!


Here's a few pics of today's session:












Later on in the evening my beautiful daughter wanted to play a game as well. Who was I to say "No"?!

So I grabbed a game I knew she hadn't played yet which was Forbidden Desert. It seemed fitting since just the other day my wife and I played Forbidden Island and then earlier today we played Lost Cities!


Well, She wasn't sure if she'd like the game to be honest. She just hasn't played enough to "know" what she likes in a game. So since this is an exciting time of molding her opinions of games I figured this would be a great candidate for her to determine if she liked.

Right from the start she was loving the game once we had it set up and the turns started. She really seemed to like the threat of the sandstorm as well as the stress of not knowing when the "to much sun" cards were going to come up.

Oh, and WE WON! :D

All in all, this was another wonderful experience with her and when we finished she was ready and eager to play again. She even asked "Can we play Forbidden Island? I haven't had a chance to play that one yet!". Sadly with it getting late I had to tell her that we would play it tomorrow.

On the plus side, I know one of the games we're going to be playing tomorrow! lol!!


Here's a few pics from tonight's session as well:














As always, thank you for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment